International Giving

Special instructions for Canada, U.K., and Europe

Hopkins offers ways to help donors in Canada, the United Kingdom, and select other European countries to receive tax benefits for their contributions. For more details, please contact the director of the Office of International Programs:

Hugh Sullivan

All donors should consult with local professionals concerning tax benefits — the information on this website is not professional tax advice.

Because Johns Hopkins is listed on Schedule VIII of the Canadian Income Tax Act, gifts to Hopkins by donors from Canada may be treated as though they were made to a Canadian institution. A Canadian donor or family member need not be or have been a student at Hopkins to qualify. Please review further details in this Canada Revenue Agency’s Gifts and Income Tax document.

If you are a United Kingdom taxpayer — even if you also pay taxes in the US — you may be able to increase the value of your gift by supporting Johns Hopkins through The Johns Hopkins University (USA) Foundation Ltd., a UK-registered charity, and electing to have Gift Aid apply to your donation.

If you are a taxpayer in the Netherlands, you may make a gift through the Johns Hopkins University (USA) Foundation. Click the links below for more information.

Likewise, donors in several countries in Europe can benefit from their local tax schemes by giving through Transnational Giving Europe (TGE), a partnership of leading European Foundations and Associations that facilitates tax-efficient cross-border giving within Europe. Visit TGE’s website for more details and a list of participating countries.

For further information, please contact:

Eileen Flood, Business Manager
The Johns Hopkins University (USA) Foundation, Ltd.
19 Norcott Road
London N16 7EJ United Kingdom
Phone: 020-7502-2813